Re: Swedish translation of SKOS core labels, comments, definitions…

Hi Peter!

Thanks, very interesting!

19.07.2013 21:06, Peter Krantz wrote:

> I have created a first draft of a swedish translation of SKOS core.
> If you know swedish I would be happy for your comments and feedback,
> either via mail or as issues in Github. The swedish version is
> available here: [github]

I wonder, is this a good way to publish translations of W3C standards? I
could maybe do a Finnish translation of SKOS literals (together with my
colleagues), but there should be a sane way of publishing and
maintaining the result and especially the collection of translations,
if/when there are many of them.

Some minor things that caught my eye:

> <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#narrowerTransitive> <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#definition> "skos:narrowerTransitive is a transitive superproperty of skos:narrower." .
> <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#broaderTransitive> <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#definition> "skos:broaderTransitive is a transitive superproperty of skos:broader." .

These are in English, but without language tag. Not needed here?

> <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#narrowerTransitive> <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#definition> "skos:narrowerTransitive är en transitiv överordnad egenskap för skos:narrower." .

Language tag missing.

> <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#closeMatch> <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#definition> "skos:closeMatch används för att koppla samman två begrepp som är tillräckligt lika för att kunna användas på liknande sätt i en del informationsinsamlingssystem. För att undvika risken med \"aggregarade fel\" i situationer där kopplingar skapats mellan begrepp i flera begreppsmodeller så är skos:closeMatch inte en transitiv egenskap."@sv .

I believe "aggregerade" is misspelt here.

Note that there may be other similar issues, I did not do a systematic
inspection.

Hälsningar,
Osma

--
Osma Suominen | Osma.Suominen@aalto.fi | +358 40 5255 882
Aalto University, Department of Media Technology, Semantic Computing