Re: Paper - key choices in the design of SKOS

Hi Brian,

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 06:28:26PM +0200, Antoine Isaac wrote:
> Well spotted, and thanks for the corrective action!
> Unfortunately now I think we can't change the paper any more.
>
> On the other hand, it's maybe a problem on the JODI side. http://journals.tdl.org/jodi/ is not working anymore.
> And it must have been fairly recent. Publishers check that kind of thing when they edit the last version to be published...

The paper cites [1], which resolves to a table of contents of the Jodi issue
with abstracts.  There is an abstract there, with a link to the Limber paper
("Having the right connections") [2].  That link resolves to a Jodi page with
the title "Networked Knowledge Organization Systems: introduction to a special
issue", but that page that only provides a link back to [3].

By a Google search, I find the February 2001 Jodi article "Having the Right
Connections: the LIMBER Project" at [4].

I note that the metadata for Issue 32 [5] gives the identifier of that issue as
[6], which resolves to a Jodi page titled "Networked Knowledge Organization
Systems: introduction to a special issue" and linking back to [3].

I find the abstract of "Having the Right Connections at [7] and the metadata
at [8].

I find both of these links [1,4] in the notes used for writing the History
section.  We (the authors) were pretty careful about clicking on the links in
the proofs, and as Antoine points out, publishers check that sort of thing too.
It is possible that we neglected to try clicking through to [2].

I will drop a line to the editors of Jodi suggesting they correct the link on
[1], which currently points to [2] (a broken link), to point instead to [4] (or
its hdl.handle.net equivalent).

Thank you for flagging this!
Tom

[1] http://journals.tdl.org/jodi/article/view/32/33