Re: UDEF Representation in RDF

Hi, Ronald -

IRIs would certainly be more general than URIs. Isn't there a problem, though, that we would want to use the IRI to locate resources in HTTP requests, but this is not allowed for in the HTTP specification?

> 6. An HTTP GET request to the base URI shall return a set of RDF statements about the vocabulary. (The precise nature of these statements is to be determined.)

I guess that a way round this is to allow URIs as identifiers, but have the resources retrieved by HTTP requests that use URIs that encode the IRIs. I'm not familiar with the detailed issues here. Do you know whether this is normal practice?

I don't think that either UDEF or SKOS distinguishes between different kinds of narrowing. (I stand subject to correction on this.)

Regards,
Chris
++++

Chris Harding