Re: Need XML in multilingual prefLabels: choose XMLLiteral datatype or language tags?

From: Christoph LANGE <c.lange@cs.bham.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 11:19:08 +0200
To: Michael Hopwood <michael@editeur.org>
CC: "public-esw-thes@w3.org" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>
> Quick suggestion: generalise to proposals for optional extensions in a new version of SKOS?

Not sure if that's possible.  It's rather the RDF data model that would
have to be extended here.

Or, if we chose to extend SKOS, such a SKOS extension be working around
the respective limitation of the RDF data model.

Extending RDF has been suggested before:

J. J. Carroll and A. Phillips. “Multilingual RDF and OWL”. In: The
Semantic Web. ESWC. LNCS 3532. Springer, 2005.  (An earlier version of
it is freely available at
http://www.inter-locale.com/whitepaper/iswc2004.pdf)

I myself don't dare suggesting this to the developers of RDF.  In any
case I would first like to gather feedback from the SKOS community.

Cheers,

Christoph

http://cs.bham.ac.uk/~langec, Skype duke4701

→ Building & Exploring Web Based Environments.  Seville, Spain, 27 Jan–
   1 Feb 2013.  Deadline 22 Sep.
http://iaria.org/conferences2013/WEB13.html