Re: referencing a concept scheme as the code list of some referrer's property

Hi all

I'm with Antoine and Dave on this - as previously written (I think).

owl:hasValue is indeed a nice and too much overlooked OWL construct
allowing to define a class based on any property-value pair, e.g.,

"A "Blue Thing" is a Thing of which property "color" has value "Blue"

ex:BlueThing a owl:Class
        owl:equivalentClass
            [a  owl:Restriction;
             owl:onProperty      ex:color ;
             owl:hasValue         ex:Blue]

Which  is the way natural language and underlying unformal typing works,
actually. We organize the world naturally using property values, then
abstract some property-value pairs into formal classes. t

x    rdf:type    ex:BlueThing
is no more no less than a more abstract property-value pair expresssion of
x    ex:color    ex:Blue

Note that by this definition a Blue Thing can have other values of "color",
which means it's not necessarily "completely blue".

So you can always construct a subclass of skos:Concept by a similar
restriction on skos:inScheme, as Dave below.

The interesting aspect of this construction is that it does not prevent an
instance of such a class to belong to another skos:ConceptScheme ...

Bernard

--
*Bernard Vatant
*

*Mondeca**          **                   *
3 cité Nollez 75018 Paris, France
www.mondeca.com
Follow us on Twitter : @mondecanews <http://twitter.com/#%21/mondecanews>