Re: referencing a concept scheme as the code list of some referrer's property

Simon,

exactly. Your example will be understood by every standard reasoner
without having to know what a skos:Concept is.
skos:inScheme does not add any information.

If we want to refer to the domain specific notion of concept schemes, we
might say:

skos:inScheme rdfs:subPropertyOf rdfs:subClass ;
and restrict this to subs of skos:Concept in a owl:Restriction inctance.
But even this adds unwanted complexity.

It would just need one sentence in the specification:

"The domain specific notion of a concept scheme is expressed by
subclasses of skos:Concept in RDF."

And drop anything else about concept schemes.
May be this (and some further issues to be collected) is a good reason
to draft a revision of the specification?

Have a nice day,
Thomas