Re: GraphViz and SKOS... Conventions for visual schemas drafted from SKOS files?

Hi Simon,

It would be nice if we could settle some basic conventions about drawing
SKOS and then establish somewhere a shared tool where partial SKOS files
can be fed and schemas been drafted.

Looking at the legend of your chart (copied below), I think that your
convention for TopConcept (top level term), Concept (term), Broader are
nice. We would need to settle something for the other types of relations
(RT, EQ, EQ~, etc.). We may decide that colors would be kept for adding
information over SKOS (as what you have done). Frames would be good to
show the schemes and their boundaries (crossed by xxxMatch relations).
Anybody has done such general design for SKOS or ISO thesauri ?

One can then add XSLT or CSS to the produced SVG to add shading and
other effects...

So the challenge (apart from designing drafting conventions) is the SKOS
to .DOT conversion: XSLT would be nice if SKOS was serialized in XML
(for my projects it is just enough) but good work would involve SPARQL I
suppose. Anyone heading for this?

Have a nice week!

Christophe

 From bottom-right of http://www.ibiblio.org/ses/poster.pdf :