From: "Dan Brickley" <danbri@danbri.org>
To: "Jürgen Jakobitsch" <jakobitschj@punkt.at>
Cc: "SKOS" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>, "Christophe Dupriez" <dupriez@destin.be>
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:02:26 PM
Subject: Re: GraphViz and SKOS...

On 15 February 2011 17:46, Jürgen Jakobitsch <jakobitschj@punkt.at> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i just recently wrote a tiny SkosToTreeML converter.
> that way i can use prefuse, see these two examples (layout by prefuse, i just filled in the data)
>
> http://turnguard.com/opendirectory/prefuse/treemap/
> http://turnguard.com/opendirectory/prefuse/treeview/
>
> i you're interested i'm certainly willing to share my code.

Very nice :)  I've been meaning to try SKOS in Treemaps for a while,
but I never decided between trying to visualise a vocab, or visualise
a collection that uses that vocab, ... or a mix of the two. Both have
some appeal...

Java does seem a little heavy though (at least in my default OSX setup
it takes a long time to do anything).

Would you consider trying to wire up your data to Protovis's
javascript treemap?

http://vis.stanford.edu/protovis/ex/treemap.html

cheers,

Dan