Re: Labelling ConceptSchemes: Best Practices?

FWIW, I don't see anything wrong per se with using skos:prefLabel to label
an instance of skos:ConceptScheme. We deliberately defined the labelling
properties skos:prefLabel, skos:altLabel and skos:hiddenLabel to be
annotation properties, so you can use them to label anything you like
(including owl:Classes).

Having said that, I think I would vote for best practice for instances of
skos:ConceptScheme being to provide one dc:title for each language. Just
because most documentation and examples out there do so already (see, e.g.,
the SKOS primer [1]).

Cheers

Alistair

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-primer/#secscheme