Re: Using SKOS for representing Drupal taxonomy vocabularies and terms

Thanks Antoine for these thumbs up!

In the same spirit, you might see that we hinted at using Dublin Core's
> dcterms:subject for using concepts as subject of documents (i.e., the link
> between "node" and "term" at [1]). But as sioc:topic is a subproperty of
> dcterms:subject, everything is perfect.

In fact, we recently fixed that to use dc(terms):subject instead of
sioc:topic, I just haven't taken the time to incorporate this change in the
graph, but I will update it at the same time as the SKOS changes.

And don't hesitate to post other questions here, if you have any.

There you go: S14 [6] says "A resource has no more than one value of
skos:prefLabel per language tag." (though it's not formally expressed in the
RDF schema [7]). How is that supposed to work if one wanted to map
(owl:sameAs) a Drupal term (skos:Concept) to another Concept from elsewhere
like dbpedia or another authoritative thesaurus which has a different
skos:prefLabel? Is that an argument in favor of maybe dropping
skos:prefLabel and use something more generic like rdfs:label? How do people
feel about using dc:title for the label of a skos:Concept? Or is there a
better property for mapping the two which would not have the same effects as
owl:sameAs? (cc'ing semantic-web@w3.org for these more generic questions).

Steph.

[6] http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/#L1567
[7] http://www.w3.org/2009/08/skos-reference/skos.rdf