RE: Best practice file-extensions for RDF/SKOS resources

BTW - I certainly have read Cool URIs - I think the first time was in 1998,
but probably at least once a year since. I have been referring people to it,
alongside Thompson and Orchard's 'URNs, Namespaces and Registries'
<http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/URNsAndRegistries-50> and Booth's 'The URI
Lifecycle ...' <http://dbooth.org/2009/lifecycle/> to explain why OGC (and
followers) should move from URN to http URIs for their important resources.
I appear to be winning behind the scenes, though haven't taken it to the
full membership yet.

Simon Cox

European Commission, Joint Research Centre,
Institute for Environment and Sustainability,
Spatial Data Infrastructures Unit, TP 262
Via E. Fermi, 2749, I-21027 Ispra (VA), Italy
Tel: +39 0332 78 3652
Fax: +39 0332 78 6325
mailto:simon.cox@jrc.ec.europa.eu
http://ies.jrc.ec.europa.eu/simon-cox