Re: FOAF spec revised - addtion of foaf:focus, a skos extension linking topical and factual information

In Freebase,  I think we ultimately decided to generalize linking of
Subjects with Things at the topic level rather simply.

Subjects - Subjects of this topic. This property is to be used as the basis
of delegated "subjects" properties on other types.
Subject_of - Different things (films, books, songs, etc.) this topic is the
subject of.

However, the use of "focus" is fairly straightforward and easily understood,
I think.  And I can see the logic in the usefulness beyond the mere Subjects
and Subject_of, especially as it concerns the Social Web with People and
Organizations.

A quick use of foaf:focus in Freebase seems it would be similar to a
"Persons Interest" or an "Organizations Sector" or "Organization Focus",
which we have.

Texas Dance Hall Preservation is an organization with a "focus" or rather it
is within the "Organization Sector" of the SKOS Concept of "Dance halls".
 Shown here in Freebase and it's linked relationship to the SKOS Concept of
"Dance halls" :
http://www.freebase.com/edit/topic/authority/us/gov/loc/sh/sh2003000157

Regards,
Thad Guidry