RE: Using dcterms:hasPart for skos:ConceptScheme hierarchies ?

Hi,

The "ConceptGroup" artifact is very useful.
However, if a "micro-thesaurus" needs to be published/used on its own
account,
it is handy that the "ConceptGroup" class need not be disjoint with
"ConceptScheme",
though surely, not every concept group needs to be a concept scheme.

An explicit relation between concept-schemes A and B:
- A hasSubScheme B is very useful
Such a property (and its inverse subSchemeOf) could be used to declare
inference rules (property chains).
- C inScheme B, B subSchemeOf A -> C inScheme A

A second approach (for large SKOS) is that a thesaurus and a taxonomy are
combined.
- A taxonomy classifies resources/documents according to (e.g.) business
domains
- a subject register or thesaurus is used to tag the same set of documents
for search and retrieval purposes by (e.g.) subject matter.
Typically the thesaurus concepts "are related to (belong to)" 1 or more
concepts in the taxonomy.
This "are related to (belong to)" nicely fits in the concept group approach.
- the concept groups being defined by a taxonomy concept
- the thesaurus concepts being members of the those concept groups
So the concept group class is in this approach not disjoint from concept.
This relation between thesaurus concepts and taxonomy concepts is not
unambiguously
expressed using the SKSO semantic (or matching) properties.  (and typically
use specific SKOS extensions).

Do these approaches fit with abstractions of typical thesauri that are
currently being published in SKOS ?
Are these abstractions general and significant enough to merit a common
solution ?

Kind Regards,

Johan De Smedt