Re: FOAF spec revised - addtion of foaf:focus, a skos extension linking topical and factual information

Welcome Antoine to the brainstorming

Since the box is open, it's open :)

I like standsFor, but my latin culture would prefer a latin term, so why not
"represents" or even simply "presents" [1]
Well, I know, I will have the same remarks as for "referent" or "refersTo"
But I'm waiting for real good arguments against it. A concept is really a
way for a thing to be made *præsens*, in the various meanings of the
word* *such
as "really there" and "efficient".
See http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/morph?l=praesens&la=la#lexicon
... or for not-so-young frenchies remembering their humanities years, the
good old Gaffiot I just discovered on-line.
http://www.lexilogos.com/latin/gaffiot.php?p=1225

Bernard

[1] Since no presentation is really new, any presentation is a
representation (and vice-versa) See
http://blog.hubjects.com/2009/11/representation-as-translation.html

--
Bernard Vatant