RE: [Fwd: Re: Serialization skos:Concept vs owl:Thing vs rdf..]

I guess Protege uses OWL as its internal model, so this kind of behaviour,
though annoying, is to be expected.

What this points to is that the world needs a RDF or SKOS editor that does
not gratuitously promote everything up to OWL.
Promoting everything to OWL kinda misses the point of having SKOS, which is
explicitly for applications that do not need to go all the way to OWL.

I'll forward this to the W3C SKOS list, since it is a follow-up to the
discussion we triggered in June.

Simon Cox

European Commission, Joint Research Centre
Institute for Environment and Sustainability
Spatial Data Infrastructures Unit, TP 262
Via E. Fermi, 2749, I-21027 Ispra (VA), Italy
Tel: +39 0332 78 3652
Fax: +39 0332 78 6325
 <mailto:simon.cox@jrc.ec.europa.eu> mailto:simon.cox@jrc.ec.europa.eu
 <http://ies.jrc.ec.europa.eu/simon-cox>