Re: SKOS support in Drupal

screenshots....

as far as I remember:
Dan Brickley also pinged me about the drupal skos import some months ago,
when he was giving a talk in paris at drupalcon.
http://paris2009.drupalcon.org/session/semantic-web-fundamentals

He asked us to do some screenshots, here they are:
http://organik.opendfki.de/wiki/Tutorials/AdminTaxonomyXml

I never saw the slides though - Dan?
you have a link to that awesome rdf-in-drupal slides?

btw, the original developer of skos import is Remzi Celebi, back then an
intern at DFKI,
now searching for a phd position :-)

best
Leo

It was Dan Morrison who said at the right time 23.11.2009 22:51 the
following words:
> In the -dev branch of import-export anyway :-B
> I should put together a little screencast.
>
> As it's so esoteric, it may not be for human consumption - I mean it
> took me over a year to find the first (only) example of SKOS in the
> wild that represented a taxonomy that was suitable for import!
> So it's not something I've been crowing about, it's just another thing
> that MAY be useful to someone somewhere down the track.
>
> If anyone can link to a SKOS file that represents a glossary,
> taxonomy, or restricted vocabulary in any useful field, I can point
> the machine at it and see what happens. So far results have been
> surprisingly good, but I'm sure that some tuning may be needed if I
> feed it enough astual data.
>
> .dan.
>

> On 24/11/2009, at 4:20 AM, Antoine Isaac wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Cool news from the Drupal community: Drupal is in fact supporting
>> SKOS in its taxonomy module [1].
>>
>> Kudos to the DFKI team who implemented this!
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Antoine
>>
>> [1] http://drupal.org/node/560326
>>

> Dan Morrison
> dan@coders.co.nz  ph +64 (21) 169 2879

Dr. Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer
Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122
P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +43 6991 gnowsis
D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann@dfki.de

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313