Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] Using DBpedia resources as skos:Concepts?

On 13 Nov 2009, at 18:38, Simon Spero wrote:
> unless an assertion could only
> refer to one entity and not the other, or must apply to all possible
> entities that the URI could denote, it is not possible to perform this
> disambiguation.  URIs are cheap; why not have two?

URIs are cheap, but agreement on URIs is expensive. I think there are
clear advantages to being able to use the same URI in different
contexts (e.g., SKOS and FOAF; or SKOS and RDFS class).

I like the criteria that you set up above for assertions about the
“overloaded” resource: Either the assertion can only refer to one
entity and not the other; or the assertion applies to all entities
possibly denoted by the URI.

Richard