Re: Using DBpedia resources as skos:Concepts?

Hi Ross!

Exactly. It is a good example of the usage of umbel:linksEntity. so, it
links a concept to a related (in terms of aboutness) individual.

So, with these two properties, we have the usecases for: "Concept ->
Individual" and "Individual -> Concept"

Additionally, you have other properties that handle other usecases such as:

(1) umbel:isLike (Individual -> Individual). You can also reify a
likelihood weight by reifying the umbel:withLikelihood property)
(2) umbel:isAligned and umbel:linksConcept (Class -> SubjectConcept and
SubjectConcept -> Class ; and you can reify an alignement weight with
the umbel:isAligned property).

So, as you cited bellow, the goal is to assert "aboutness and
likelihood" relationship between: individuals, classes and subject concepts.

So, umbel has two major components: (1) a graph of subject concepts (its
usage is discussed at length in the documentation) and (2) an ontology
that relates inviduals and classes to subject concepts (usecases
discussed in this thread).

http://umbel.org/technical_documentation.html

A new version of the subject concepts framework will be released soon
(v0.73)

Thanks!

Take care,

Fred