Re: FAQ:

Please consider coordinating with the OWL WG if you plan to pose and answer
this question in a FAQ. I don't think the below answer is particularly
accurate or helpful. For one thing, RDF and OWL have model theoretic
semantics, but this does imply the semantics are extensional. For example,
we can have have c1 equivalentClass c2 but c1 differentIndividual c2. I have
further criticisms, but would rather discuss them in the context of putting
together an answer that does justice to the two efforts and their aims.

Also, there are some actual differences in the semantics that should be
mentioned, as SKOS has some semantic conditions that can not be expressed in
OWL or RDF, such as S14: A resource has no more than one value of
skos:prefLabel per language tag, which can't be expressed in OWL 1 or OWL 2,
 or S12: The rdfs:range of each of skos:prefLabel, skos:altLabel and
skos:hiddenLabel is the class of RDF plain literals, which can't be
expressed in OWL 1, but probably will be able to be expressed in OWL 2.
-Alan
http://sciencecommons.org/about/whoweare/ruttenberg/