Re: RE : SCOS?

Dear colleagues,
No, we are not using OWL to represent terminologies. We are using OWL-DL to
represent terminological metadata. I don't have time to go into detail, and
it's entirely possible that when the most recent version of SKOS shakes out
we will want to take another look. We are using a lot of DL features to
express various relations that exist in our complex data structures, so we
aren't just looking at conceptual relations -- we are trying to express data
modeling relations as well.
We recognize a vast array of relations in terminological databases -- one
colleague has document several hundred different types.
Best regards
Sue Ellen