Re: Suggestion for SKOS FAQ

Dear SKOSsers,

....and I would like to add these:

* When using Jena (for example), which reasoner can be used to make
inference on topics?
* How do I setup this such that a query like:
   SELECT * WHERE { ?b a :Book; skos:subject c:Sports } also fetches
Books about Golf, Skiing, Wakeboarding, etc.

Subsumption reasoning over classes is simple but effective for such
taxonomies like SKOS can be used for. And it should also work for
transitivity of properties that way. Because I think one of the
strange feelings about SKOS is the question, will I be worse off when
using SKOS instead of simple RDF Schema class hierarchies? At least we
are currently thinking about this because we would like to use SKOS in
a project.

Thanks,
Andy

On Mar 3, 2008, at 11:23 AM, Iván Pérez Domínguez wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been reading about skos and I have a few questions that might
> make it to the FAQ page:
> * What's is SKOS?
> (after some nice description gives not much information)
> * No, seriously, what is SKOS?
>
> * When should I use it?
>
> * When should I not use it?
>
> * Can I use skos to model <specific problem>?
>
> I think this would be a nice starting point.
>
> Cheers,
> Iván.

Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Andreas Langegger
Institute for Applied Knowledge Processing
Johannes Kepler University Linz
A-4040 Linz, Altenberger Straße 69
http://www.langegger.at