RE: SKOS Comment (Reference WD June 2008) - broaderTransitive < broader, narrowerTransitive < narrower

Dear Joao Alberto,

Thank you for your comment.

I know Antoine has already responded, but I thought I'd add a slightly
different way of looking at it:

The property skos:broader represents a *direct* hierarchical link between
two concepts.

The property skos:broaderTransitive represents a *direct or indirect*
hierarchical link between two concepts.

The set of *direct* links is clearly a sub-set of the set of *direct or
indirect* links.

Hence skos:broader is a sub-property of skos:broaderTransitive.

The WG is very conscious that this point has caused a lot of confusion. Any
suggestions for how to make this pattern clearer are warmly welcomed.

Kind regards,

Alistair.

--
Alistair Miles