Re: [SKOS] requirement for multimedia annotations

Miles, AJ (Alistair) wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Actually I meant using multimedia objects to annotate concepts, rather
> than the other way around.
>
> Sorry, reading my email again, it's pretty ambiguous. Which is not to
> say that use cases for annotating images and image regions aren't
> equally important :)

Ah, I misunderstood too. Annotation images, image regions, videos, and
video portions, audio, and audio portions --- definitely very much of
interest, even if that wasn't what you were asking.

Perhaps the difference is minimal: providing typed links between things
in effect provides information about both entities. If I say that you
work for CCLRC, ... that tells the world a little about you, and a
little about CCLRC. So same with concepts? If I say that avalanche.jpg
indicates some-skos-scheme-the-concept-of-disaster, ... in some ways
I've also annotated the concept is being illustrated by the media object
too?

Dan