Re: OWL species and subproperties of rdfs:label

Hi Martin,

I personally find this part of the OWL specification a bit confusing also.
Luckily, this is irrelevant for OWLIM as it is not a DL reasoner, by design.
Thus, it is not trying to verify weather something fits in OWL-DL or not.

The semantics support by OWLIM is 100% defined through axiomatic triples and
entailment rules. The users of OWLIM can check and edit these rules, if
necessary.

In the pre-defined rulesets, we have tried to provide standard
interpretation of all the primitives. A proof of this is that OWLIM passes
all the entailment tests, relevant to the specific ruleset. Still, full
compliance appears irrational in the case of OWL-Lite and DL. As I had the
chance to comment several times, we find that the DL constraints are
inadequate for a wide range of applications. In a number of cases, the
DL-based OWL layering makes simple things complex. The issue in subject
provides yet another example of this. Although I have a clue regarding the
the formal reasons for these constraints, this does not make me convinced
that those are appropriate.

Regards,
Naso

Atanas Kiryakov