From: public-esw-thes-request@w3.org [mailto:public-esw-thes-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Alasdair Gray
Sent: 29 November 2007 11:47
To: public-esw-thes@w3.org
Subject: SKOS Validator

Hi,

Now that the SKOS validator is back online, we have been using it in the
astronomy work to check our vocabularies. The discussion on the email list
about the results can be seen in [1].
The reason for my mail is that some of the existing astronomy vocabularies
contain collections and as such we are using skos:collection. When I ran the
vocabularies containing collections through the validator service it through
up errors on test D2, Possible Missing Top Concept Assertion for Scheme. I
believe that this is because the validator does not correctly infer that the
members of a collection inherit the relationships of the collection. When I
ran a version with the additional inferred relationships it came through
correct.
Will the validator be updated to model collections correctly?

Thanks,

Alasdair

[1] http://www.ivoa.net/forum/semantics/0711/0612.htm

Alasdair J G Gray