Re: SKOS properties

Bernard Vatant wrote:

> I will keep agnostic, to begin with, on the question of knowing if
> antonymy as the dark side of synonymy. But I would like to point that in
> any case, technically it does not make sense to use "owl:disjointWith"
> property to link two skos:Concept(s), simply because a skos:Concept is/
> en principe/ not a class (in any case not an owl:Class), and
> owl:disjointWith is used to link two owl:Class to express that they have
> no common instance. Of course in OWL-Full nothing can prevent you to
> declare that a skos:Concept is also a owl:Class, but the logical
> consequences of such a declaration are unpredictable :-)

Furthermore antonyms are not always disjoint. A book on war and piece
could be indexed with both antonym concepts "war" and "piece". In SKOS
antonyms can easily be encoded with skos:related or a subproperty of
this relation.

Greetings,
Jakob

--
Jakob Voß <jakob.voss@gbv.de>, skype: nichtich
Platz der Goettinger Sieben 1, 37073 Göttingen, Germany