Re: Import SKOS thesaurus to THmanager

Hello all,

At the moment, ThManager can only manage a single schema in each thesauri.

Respect to the importation problems maybe the thesauri yo use follow an
older versions of the SKOS specification (I have found some times this
problem).
The other important limitation is that the imported thesauri must
contain one (and only one) ConceptScheme
that must have some hasTopConcept relations pointing to the root
Concepts of the thesauri.

If you see any other problem, send it to me and we will try to fix it in
future versions.

Best regards,
Javier Lacasta

L.Si@lboro.ac.uk escribió:

> Dear All,
>
> I am using the THmanager to edit the KOSs in my research, it is very good to
> create a new KOS in THmanager, but i find it is very difficult to import
> some SKOS thesauri into this system. there are always some errors. I read
> the manual, but it seems not clear enough to help me do so.
>
> also, I find in some real cases, in a SKOS thesaurus, we can create a range
> of schemes to make a thesauri in SKOS format. In this context, I want to
> know whether THmanager is compliant with this kind of multi-scheme
> thesaurus. For example,  http://www.ukat.org.uk/downloads/skos.zip, when i
> download this file, i cannot import it into THmanager properly.
>
> Do you know something about this? Please give me some suggestions, if
> possible.
>
> Kind regards.
>

> Libo Si
>
> The Department of Information Science
>
> Loughborough University

Javier Lacasta Miguel
Departamento de Informática e Ingeniería de Sistemas
Centro Politécnico Superior, Universidad de Zaragoza
Edificio Ada Byron, María de Luna, 1
E-50018 Zaragoza, España
Tf: 976 76 21 34
Fax: 976 76 19 14