Re: Modeling change in and between schemes using SKOS - the problem of persistent URIs

Hi Mark:

On 29-Aug-06, at 2:45 PM, Mark van Assem wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> InstanceConcept and what Mark suggested as a global URI and a
>> local URI?  I want to be sure I have followed the substance of the
>> conversation.
>
> Without having checked what you meant with InstanceConcept: I did
> not mean global URI and local URI, I meant local _identifier_.
>
> So the concept has a global URI (as usual), and also different
> properties attached to it that record the identifier used in
> different contexts.
>
> ex:1234
> 	skos:prefLabel "Christianity"
> 	ex:edition1ID "abc123"
> 	ex:edition2ID "xyz321"
>
> This situation also occurs in the cultural heritage portals I'm
> involved in; we provide artworks with a URI, but also record the
> local ID that the museums give to the artworks.

right!  so how do tell the difference between ex:1234 between
different versions of the scheme IF some change has happened to the
relationship structure of the concept ex:1234?

> Mark.

Thanks for thinking about this!
joe

>> Thank you,
>> joe

>>> If I am not wrong this would also be the solution for another
>>> frequent
>>> scenario