RE: thesaurusRepresentation-11

Mark,
Re point 1, yes, I dare say there may be other uses. Futile to try and
enumerate all of them! And I agree it is an advantage if SKOS is able to
accommodate all of the information carried in a thesaurus. That said, it
is possible to comply with ISO 2788 or BS 8723 and still have some extra
features that are not used anywhere else. To be able to accommodate such
extra features, you would need to have a capability for defining custom
relationships and data types. I vote for coping with what is described
in the standards, and what is commonly encountered, before tackling the
obscure  curiosities that may still be emerging.

RE point 3, USE...OR/UFO  is not very common in my experience. There
tend to be few instances, even in those thesauri that do use it. But
exceptions are sure to occur somewhere. WE just don't recommend it, in
the standards.
Stella

Stella Dextre Clarke
Information Consultant
Luke House, West Hendred, Wantage, Oxon, OX12 8RR, UK
Tel: 01235-833-298
Fax: 01235-863-298
SDClarke@LukeHouse.demon.co.uk