Re: Only documents can have a skos:subject?

On 18.12.2006 17:06:45, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
>The "foo is a subject of bar" interpretation sounds odd for anything
>except documents. "Buildings is a subject of the Eiffel Tower"
>doesn't really work either.
Yeah, I agree. Maybe there is a better way to use skos:subject
in english sentences. I found descriptions of events to still
sound ok-ish when annotated with skos:subject, for projects
I fell back to dc:subject, but I don't have really convincing
arguments for that decision, maybe because I tend to read
skos:subject as "is about", but then I should use dc:subject
the same way, hm.

>I think for now I will just ignore these concerns and go ahead using
>skos:subject. Thus, if a biography of Wittgenstein has been
>categorized under "Philosophy", then I will categorize the guy
>himself under the same label.
>
>Unless someone tells me right now that this will kill kittens.
We may have to pass that one to danja then ;)