Re: Only documents can have a skos:subject?

On 14.12.2006 18:23:20, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
>Quick question: I suppose that only documents can have a
>skos:subject?
Not necessarily, I think. Although the SKOS core guide still talks
about "information resources" in the relevant section [1], this
seems to be a bug left from an earlier version of the guide. The
domain of skos:subject, which once was foaf:Document, was
deliberately dropped to allow to attach skos:subject to non-info
resources as well. At least that's how I understand the change note
for skos:subject:
[[
The domain of this property changed to be unconstrained (was
previously foaf:Document). The definition altered to reflect
this (s/document/resource).
]]

I'm not sure about directly linking persons to concepts, though.
It sounds a bit odd in that case as "A concept that is a subject
of the resource." would become "Philosophy is a subject of
Wittgenstein" although it's arguably more the subject of his works
and thoughts, or an interest/passion. But it may well be that SKOS
is unconstrained enough to allow this sort of association.

benjamin

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-guide/#secindexing

--
Benjamin Nowack