RE: Mission of SKOS

Hi Dragan,

Firstly yes, I think it is out of scope for SKOS to be concerned with maintaining some well known thesauri.  However, the SKOS web pages and community could be a place for people to discover and discuss available thesauri (hopefully with SKOS representations :) - That's the idea behind the SKOS DataZone ...

http://esw.w3.org/topic/SkosDev/DataZone

... which is a wiki page, so anyone can add links to it - please encourage anyone with data to add a link here :)

Secondly, the Wordnet metamodel is sufficiently different from the SKOS metamodel to justify having its own RDF/OWl vocabulary.  I'm looking forward to official publication by W3C SWBP-WG so we can make a comparison with SKOS (this is promised soon).

(FYI the Wordnet Task Force of SWBP-WG is charged with publishing an RDF/OWL vocabulary that expresses the Wordnet metamodel, and giving princeton the tools to maintain an RDF representation of wordnet itself.  See [1] for WNET TF docs and esp [2] for WNET datamodel in RDF.)

Cheers,

Al.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/WNET/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/WNET/wordnet_datamodel.owl