Re: relation to previous SKOS Core 1.0 docs

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 01:07:47PM -0000, Alistair Miles wrote:
> > 1. As I pointed out in an earlier posting, this draft should
> >    point back to the earlier SKOS guide (which confusingly
> >    called itself Version 1.0) and the relationship between
> >    the two should be clarified.
>
> Propose to insert the following para into both intro of SKOS Core spec and
> guide:
>
> The SKOS Core Vocabulary Specification and the SKOS Core Guide together
> replace the previous document 'SKOS Core 1.0 Guide' [ref] published by the
> SWAD-E Thesaurus Activity.  The 'SKOS Core 1.0 Guide' is now deprecated.
> Furthermore, the SKOS Core vocabulary is no longer maintained under a
> discrete versioning management policy.  See below for a description of the
> current maintenance and versioning policy for the SKOS Core vocabulary.

This looks good, except "discrete versioning management
policy" does not seem clear or specific enough.   Do you mean
something like (to replace the text starting "Furthermore"):

    In a departure from the policy implied by the version
    number "1.0", the SKOS Core vocabulary is no longer
    versioned as a whole. The current versioning policy is
    described below.

Tom

--
Dr. Thomas Baker                        Thomas.Baker@izb.fraunhofer.de
Institutszentrum Schloss Birlinghoven         mobile +49-160-9664-2129