RE: subject indicators ... ?

If I've understood correctly, the idea is to point (using a URL) to a
place where a definition of the concept appears. (And this is not the
same as pointing to a place where an example appears, as seems to
assumed in Chaals's reference an example of a good idea being considered
by others to be an example of a bad idea). Rather than pointing to that
other place, is it not better just to give the text of the definition?
There could be an advantage if the text is too long or complex to
import; or if the aim is to allow the definition to vary according to
the dictat of the owner of the resource pointed to. For the sake of the
integrity of the original scheme, it would seem safer to be sure what
the concept is and not leave it to someone else's control! ( That way
you can be more confident of the relationships with other concepts in
the same scheme.)
Stella

Stella Dextre Clarke
Information Consultant
Luke House, West Hendred, Wantage, Oxon, OX12 8RR, UK
Tel: 01235-833-298
Fax: 01235-863-298
SDClarke@LukeHouse.demon.co.uk