RE: [Action][SKOS-Core] Definitions and examples added, comments upda ted

From: Benjamin Nowack <bnowack@appmosphere.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 19:28:51 +0100
To: "Miles, AJ (Alistair)" <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Cc: "'public-esw-thes@w3.org'" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

On 20.10.2004 18:15:47, Miles, AJ (Alistair) wrote:

>Should we remove the 'skos:Concept' domain statement for all note
>properties, so that they may be used with other things, e.g. RDF properties
>and RDFS classes?
Haven't thought about the other ones (broader, narrower, etc), but if
broadening their domain/range doesn't raise any problems with the skos
semantics, I can see a lot of utility in mixing "hard" owl/rdfs relations
with "softer" skos relations and using the result as an integrated model.
Imagine the nice search apps, that could then tell us "sorry, I couldn't
find any [images] from [semantic web conferences], but would you perhaps
be interested in [videos] from [rdf workshops]?"
...the reasoner developers will surely hate you.. ;)

benjamin

--
Benjamin Nowack

Kruppstr. 100