RE: candidate and deprecated concepts

Just to clarify on this point:

At the moment, you can publish a set of concepts without any reference to a
concept scheme.

You can then state that 'concept X is a part of scheme Y,' or 'scheme Y
contains concept X,' which is the basis for building concept schemes with
concepts from different sources.

Crucially, you *can* also define and publish semantic relationships between
concepts, without any reference to a concept scheme.

What you *cannot* do with SKOS Core at the moment is explicitly state that
'semantic relationship R is a part of scheme Y,' or 'scheme Y contains
semantic relationship R.'

If this is a strong requirement (and consensus so far suggests that it is)
then I can suggest two ways of solving this:

 (1) [Explicit Membership Solution]: Allow usage of the skos:inScheme (or
analagous property) with reified RDF statements that represent semantic
relationships between concepts.

 (2) [Provenance Solution]: As part of the properties of the concept scheme,
introduce a new property that allows you to state e.g. 'concept scheme X
consists of the set of RDF statements loaded from resource Y'.

What do we reckon?

Al.

---
Alistair Miles