RE: lexical relationships

It is desirable to know the "lexical-ness" of a skos:prefLabel or
skos:altLabel
and would make moving between MARC authorities and SKOS lossless.  For
example
in MARC authorities you can indicate a non-preferred term as an
abbreviation.

I think spelling variants could be handled by xml:lang and transliterations
could be as well, e.g. x-pinyin, but it might be nice to identify a
skos:prefLabel
or skos:altLabel as a transliteration first a let xml:lang indicate the
specific
transliteration.

You could have skos:abbreviation be a sub-class of skos:altLabel, but this
breaks down if you want to indicate that a skos:prefLabel is an
abbreviation.
So this doesn't seem to me to be a sub-class relationship to skos:prefLabel
and
skos:altLabel.

Andy.