SKOS API

Hi all,

Just to explain the state of the SKOS API and the current work going on in
SWAD-E ... Dave and Nikki are currently working on a reference
implementation of the API as is, which will probably be ready by the end of
the month.

There are a bunch of technical issues, relating to the implementation of
this API, such as the question of how to encode the data that the service
returns.

In parallel there is a continued discussion of the SKOS API at a functional
level.  The SKOS API is intended to be a functional specification for a
thesaurus service - i.e. it defines the functionality that we require of
such a service.

So there are two separate discussions to be made: (1) A discussion of issues
surrounding how to implement the current version of the SKOS API (techie
stuff), and (2) A discussion of how to improve the API itself for the next
version (abstract stuff).

Obviously there's going to be some overlap, but I reckon it will help if we
manage keep this distinction as clear as possible (in our minds at least).

Al.