Re: FW: SKOS-Mapping and OWL - set based constructs

Hi Alistair,

 > What do you think of this?

This does not sound like a good idea.

[Apologies - I haven't had time to look at the mapping proposal yet so
these comments are based purely on the quoted message and I might have got
hold of the wrong end of the stick ...]

First, I'd expect you to translate the soks AND into an OWL intersectionOf
over the concepts not over restrictions on dc:subject.

Second, I don't see the argument that these constructs are more "intuitive"
  than the OWL equivalents. If they are truly equivalent and all you've
done is change the name then that doesn't seem helpful.

Third, it's not a good idea to use rdf:li here. The OWL constructs use
parseType collection for very good reasons (to express a closed collection
which can't be messed up semantically by later assertions).

Dave