From my iPhone. Pardon my thumbs.

________________________________
From: Filippo Floridia <filippo.floridia@mondadori.it>
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2024 9:14:08 AM
To: W3C EPUB 3 Community Group <public-epub3@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Amazon support for EPUB3 ???

Hi everyone,
I’m Filippo, eBook production coordinator from Mondadori’s group.

Amazon is not so clear about this topic. In their help page it’s stated:

«3. Does this change [ePub for reflowable eBooks] also affect fixed page layout eBooks?
Fixed layout eBooks are not affected by the change. You can continue to use EPUB and MOBI files created with the specifications described in the Kindle Publication Guidelines for fixed-pagination content.»

You can reach this page clicking Vendor Central > Publish to Kindle > Upload History (yellow warning banner).

I asked Amazon some clarification about this topic, and they answered: «For fixed layout files, therefore, both EPUB and MOBI are accepted.».

I still haven’t tried uploading an ePub file for a fixed layout eBook, but from what I am reading here it’s not working.

Thanks for the update

Regards

Filippo Floridia
Digital Sales

Mondadori Libri
Via privata Mondadori - 20054 - Segrate - MI (Italy)

email: filippo.floridia@mondadori.it<mailto:filippo.floridia@mondadori.it>
tel.: +39 349 8841436