Re: Other files than the "reserved files" in META-INF?

Excellent – thanks Matt!  I am going to leave it in the META-INF as it helps with compatibility to other specs like ASIC, ODF, etc.

Leonard

From: matt.garrish@gmail.com <matt.garrish@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 10:49 PM
To: Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>, public-epub3@w3.org <public-epub3@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Other files than the "reserved files" in META-INF?

EXTERNAL: Use caution when clicking on links or opening attachments.

Hi Leonard,

It doesn’t matter how configuration files come to be there. So long as they aren’t publication resources and don’t collide with the reserved files, they’re valid in the META-INF directory.

I would just put the file in the root unless you’re expecting to group multiple files. I’ll hazard a guess that the likelihood of a future naming collision with the spec is pretty low.

Matt