Re: Discover new usage of epub

From: Xu Zheng (gardenia) <zxu@gardenia-corp.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 08:11:58 -0500
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, Ruth Tait <artbyrt@gmail.com>
Cc: W3C Publishing Community Group <public-publishingcg@w3.org>, W3C Publishing Business Group <public-publishingbg@w3.org>, W3C EPUB3 Community Group <public-epub3@w3.org>
Thanks for try it out Ivan!

Lemme also try out it with EPUBReader extension. Maybe it's time to add
simple Q&A on the website now.

Yeah, wysebee allows javascript to run as content creator wish so I
think that might be the secret for this book. (probably can
convert/package all the W3C spec to epub and run on wysebee now)

Also it could be because the tool https://github.com/gardenia-corp/wyse
generated epub does not have fallback for html resource so it was
treated as invalid epub by some reader. I will also check it out.

Another thing is I added sandbox feature in wysebee.com so next thing I
am gonna try out is to drop the epub test contents (from
https://github.com/w3c/epub-tests) to it and see if could pass some test
(I suspect it could only pass few of them right now).

Also, epub validation tool is on the way I wish I could have 30 hrs
every day, I need to hire dev :)

Cheers,

Zheng

--