Re: Let's introduce ourselves

Hello! (late to the party)

I am Marianne Gulstad - a Danish graphic designer and ebook creator. I
began my career doning graphic design for higher education for print in
Aldus Pagemaker - yes it was called Aldus back then, moving on to
QuarXpress, then InDesign. I have formatted all kinds of genres, physics
and math books, history, Danish, English, Art books... Once I made a
German/Danish dictionary in FrameMaker. Great fun.

Since 2000 I've been working with EPUB QA at Publizon, a key distributor of
ebooks, audiobooks and podcasts. Clients are Danish publishers, retailers
and libraries.
I fix unvalid EPUBs and help publishers and graphic designers create better
ebooks. I also assist our fullstack developers with testing our
distribution system (pubhub.dk) and our streaming engine for EPUB/PDF/audio.

My job is keeping up with the EPUB standard, so I've been reading a lot
about accessibility (The European Accessibility Act and The Marrakesh
Treaty), and I am sharing my knowledge with everyone who is interested in
accessibiliy, optimizing workflows and EPUB production.

On the side I do Danish translations: EPUBCheck, Sigil, WordToEPUB, and
I've assisted with axe-core.

I joined PCG to be up-to-date with EPUB development in detail. Hope to be
able to contribute in the future.

--
Best regards/Mange hilsner
Marianne Gulstad