Re: [a11y] Final review of User experience guide for accessibility metadata: Deadline Jan 21, 2021

Please have a look at Daniel's comment about the "audiobook" property vs EPUB3 with Media Overlay on a Thorium issue #1332. <https://github.com/edrlab/thorium-reader/issues/1332#issuecomment-763486512>

In fact the question is : should EPUB3 publications with Media Overlays get the EPUB3 "accessModeSufficient : auditory" metadata?

Note that some reading systems will be able to switch to an audio-first UI (this is the case for Thorium, which has a "captions" view for Media Overlays), but other reading systems will not

A lack of interoperability may lead to misunderstandings.

Best regards
Laurent