RE: Launch of Publishing CG

> Time: 11:00 p.m. Boston (60min)

Assuming the world clock link is correct and PM is a typo here?

Matt

From: Xu, Jeff <zheng.xu@rakuten.com>
Sent: October 7, 2020 20:30
To: public-epub3@w3.org; public-publishingcg@w3.org
Subject: Launch of Publishing CG

Hello everyone,

Finally the wait is over. Today Mateus and I are pleased to announce the
launch of the revitalized Publishing CG [1].

The EPUB 3 CG[2] will merge with the Publishing CG and its activities will
be continued as a task force of this combined Publishing CG. For the
purposes of the Contributor License Agreement[3] that those who joined the
EPUB 3 CG executed when joining the CG, the "Project" will now refer to the
Publishing CG.

For a while the EPUB 3 CG will continue to appear on the list of W3C
Community Groups while the W3C Team works to complete the pointers from the
current pages into the Publishing CG EPUB 3 Task Force pages.

The Publishing CG will be task force driven and more focused on digital
publishing practice and incubation rather than creating or improving
specifications directly. As a Community Group we are open to any new ideas
to improve the digital publishing or reading experience (including
accessibility) as well as exploration of new concepts. We will work closely
with the EPUB 3 WG and other W3C Groups to help build bridges for
participants of digital publishing or digital contents.

Our next coming steps are to hold the very first Publishing CG online
meeting to discuss what we should start with.

Wed 21 Oct. 2020
Time: 11:00 p.m. Boston (60min)
Local date/time link:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Publishing+CG
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Publishing+CG&iso
=20201021T11&p1=43> &iso=20201021T11&p1=43

# Special shoutout to Tzviya, Ivan and Ralph for all the great help and
support to make this happen.

[1] https://www.w3.org/community/publishingcg/

[2] https://www.w3.org/2017/02/EPUB3CGcharter

[3] https://www.w3.org/community/about/process/cla/