Re: virtual pages is it a best practice?

In our open-source developments, we are using this notion of virtual page. We call it "position", a generic work usable for a "go to position X" feature, which avoid a semantic clash with the word "page".

We chose 1024 characters as size of each section, as we found it was used before by Adobe in some systems, but Ric Wright will certainly be able to give details.

Note that if there is not "page list" structure in the ebook, a reading app may provide a list of "virtual positions" for easy browsing instead.

Cordialement,

Laurent Le Meur
EDRLab