virtual pages is it a best practice?

From: George Kerscher <kerscher@montana.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 09:46:14 -0600
To: "W3C EPUB 3 Community Group" <public-epub3@w3.org>
Hi EPUB 3 folks,

We have brought up the practice of including virtual pages before. The go to
page function in titles that have a print equivalent  is fabulous, but what
if there is no print version?

A quick check of character of documents I have handy shows that there is
approximately 2k of characters on a page. I would think that a best practice
of placing a page break indicator between block items closest to that 2k
count would work well. Of course, this cannot be a requirement, but I wonder
about publishing it as a best practice. IMO it would help in figuring out
how large a title is.

Thoughts welcome.

Happy GAAD
George

George Kerscher Ph.D.
-In our Information Age, access to information is a fundamental human right.
Chief Innovations Officer, DAISY Consortium
http://www.daisy.org
Senior Advisor, Global Literacy, Benetech
http://www.benetech.org
President, International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF)
http://www.idpf.org
Member of the National Museum and Library Services  Board (IMLS)
http://www.imls.gov
Chair Steering Council Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), a division of the
W3C
http://www.w3c.org/wai
Phone: +1 406/549-4687
Cell:+1 406/544-2466