Issues to discuss: navigation order and providing support to the ebook community

From: Dave Cramer <dauwhe@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 17:08:47 -0400
To: W3C EPUB3 Community Group <public-epub3@w3.org>
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to remind everyone of two issues, which I think we should discuss
in GitHub issues.

[1] Must navigation order match spine order?
https://github.com/w3c/publ-epub-revision/issues/1283

This has arisen out of epubcheck issues where the nav order is different
than the spine order.

[2] How to best help EPUB creators? https://github.com/w3c/publ-cg/issues/88

The IDPF Forums are dead. Hardly anyone answers EPUB questions on stack
overflow. We've struggled with best practices in a world where every book,
every publisher, every reading system is different. Should we try to create
some space where people could ask questions about their EPUBs, and try to
help them?

All thoughts and ideas welcome. I feel like brainstorming on large issues
is hard to do on a phone call; it would be good to at least explore
potential solutions to these issues online.

Thanks,

Dave