From: Siegman, Tzviya <tsiegman@wiley.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 6, 2018 11:22 AM
To: George Kerscher <kerscher@montana.com>; W3C EPUB 3 Community Group
<public-epub3@w3.org>
Subject: RE: New fundamental test book and covers

Hi George,

I think I might not be fully understanding what you're proposing. It seems
to me that there are two possible solutions to users being unable to access
author and title information from the bookshelf view. The first is to call
upon the Reading Systems to expose the existing metadata to all users. The
second is to establish best practices for authoring image descriptions for
cover images to include the author and title and call upon reading systems
to expose that users.

I am not sure that I understood what you meant about including the
information in the first page of the book. How would a user be able to
access the information from the bookshelf? Would you mind explaining the
process that you are envisioning a bit more?

Thanks,
Tzviya

Tzviya Siegman
Information Standards Lead