Re: EPUB 3 Community Group teleconference: Thursday October 19 at 16:00 UTC

Hello to everyone,

Any work done for EPUB3 should be supported. Because the results of these studies will cause other ideas to be triggered.

Best Regards

N. Erhan Uzumcu
Art Director and EPUB Developer
W3C EPUB Community Group Member
TEYTAG Founder
(Turkish Electronic Publishing Desing and Research Group - Istanbul, Turkey)
https://independent.academia.edu/NErhanÜzümc
http://teytagblog.blogspot.com.tr
http://www.teyid.org/ePub3Lib/
@ePub3Lib #teytag

> [...]
>
> Bien Cordialement,
>
> Laurent Le Meur
> CTO, EDRLab
>
>> Le 16 oct. 2017 à 21:56, Rachel Comerford <rachel.comerford@macmillan.com <mailto:rachel.comerford@macmillan.com>> a écrit :
>>
>> Jiminy - I think the Readium team is doing great work but I am hesitant to have a single reading system determine best practices. I'm sure there is plenty that we can cull from the work that they have done in order to start the conversation though and I am looking forward to digging into it in detail as we start documenting this.
>>
>> Rachel Comerford | Director of Content Standards | T 212.576.9433 <tel:(212)%20576-9433>
>>
>> Macmillan Learning
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Jiminy Panoz <jiminy@chapalpanoz.com <mailto:jiminy@chapalpanoz.com>> wrote:
>> Regrets, prior engagement.
>>
>> As regards “[4] Should the CG be involved in documenting best practices for EPUB?” though, a quick feedback: authoring docs/best practices have been a constant issue we could read between the lines of the Readium CSS Project, to be honest. And I’m not seeing anyone else doing this work.
>>
>> To sum things up, we’ve had requests about layouts which are already possible with CSS in EPUB 3.1, scattered knowledge of progressive enhancement techniques and the latest CSS modules/proposals, and quite significant issues related to deprecated practices (e.g. Mobi7).
>>
>> Consequently, evangelization has been a regular concern when analyzing feedback/requests. I’d be happy to put the following into public domain if you decide to document best practices, should it help:
>>
>> https://dauwhe.github.io/reflow/ <https://dauwhe.github.io/reflow/> (which is a translation of https://jaypanoz.github.io/reflow/ <https://jaypanoz.github.io/reflow/>)
>> https://friendsofepub.github.io/eBookDesignChecklist/ <https://friendsofepub.github.io/eBookDesignChecklist/>
>> https://friendsofepub.github.io/eBookPerfChecklist/ <https://friendsofepub.github.io/eBookPerfChecklist/>
>> https://friendsofepub.github.io/eBookTricks/ <https://friendsofepub.github.io/eBookTricks/>
>> related slides and materials for https://jaypanoz.github.io/ebookcraft2017/#/ <https://jaypanoz.github.io/ebookcraft2017/#/>
>> It’s just impossible to manage all of this on my own anyway, and could help start some collective effort more quickly.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Jiminy
>>
>> Le 16.10.2017 16:10, Dave Cramer a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> We will have a virtual meeting of the EPUB 3 Community Group on Thursday, October 19 at 1600 UTC, which is:

>>> 12 Noon in New York and Toronto
>>> 5PM in London
>>> 6PM in Paris and Amsterdam
>>> 9:30PM in Chennai